FmSportsBar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All things Football Manager and things to do with sport discussed

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGame Zone
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 40 registered users
The newest registered user is billy

Our users have posted a total of 809 messages in 101 subjects
web hit counter
Provided by hit counter website.
Luangle
Games
Pacman RC Helicopter 3d Driver Airplane Flight Simulator

Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ianhall65
ianhall65

Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup   Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup EmptyThu May 06, 2010 3:40 pm

Alan Shearer believes that Darren Bent should be given a chance to shine in South Africa if England boss Fabio Capello takes five strikers to the World Cup.

Sunderland ace Bent, like many others, has been in great form this season, although the ex-Spurs hit-man is not guaranteed a place in Capello's 23-man squad this summer.

Former England captain Shearer, who scored 30 goals for his county, thinks the likes of Wayne Rooney, Peter Crouch, Emile Heskey and Jermain Defoe are all shoe-ins to be included.

However, that fifth striker spot, which Capello is not guaranteed to take, remains somewhat of a grey area with Bobby Zamora, along with Bent, also having a fine season.

Bent has 24 Premier League goals this season and Shearer believes the striker's experience over the years makes him the ideal candidate for Capello should he require a late goal off the bench in South Africa.

"I think Fabio Capello has always said that he'll take players who are in form and obviously who are fit," he told Sky Sports News.

"I think there are four forwards that are guaranteed, in Rooney, Crouch, Jermaine Defoe and Heskey. If he does take another one then that's anyone's guess.

"Personally, Darren Bent has been scoring goals all season as has Bobby Zamora. If you push me then I'd have to say Darren Bent because he's probably been scoring goals for a little bit longer than Bobby.

"I think he might take a fifth striker. I think (Bent) deserves to be there or thereabouts.

"If England are struggling and need a goal in the last ten minutes then you want someone to go on who will get in a position to get and goal and Bent has proved that all season."
Back to top Go down
Neall
Neall

PostSubject: Re: Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup   Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup EmptyThu May 06, 2010 4:14 pm

yeah i agree, if there is 4 strikers id say,

Rooney, Defoe, Zamora, Bent and then a fifth would be crouch
Back to top Go down
ianhall65
ianhall65

PostSubject: Re: Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup   Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup EmptyThu May 06, 2010 4:15 pm

i would take rooney defoe agbonlahor (sp) zamora and bent
Back to top Go down
Jordi
Empty Trophy Cabinet
Empty Trophy Cabinet

PostSubject: Re: Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup   Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Bent, Zamora
Back to top Go down
BwfcCurt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup   Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:16 pm

i still think gary cahill should go
Back to top Go down
https://fmsportsbar.forumotion.com
ianhall65
ianhall65

PostSubject: Re: Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup   Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:32 pm

dawson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup   Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup Empty

Back to top Go down

Shearer Backing Bent For The World Cup
Page 1 of 1